Formulas and Functions are the meat and potatoes of Microsoft Excel. They are the tools that give the program power to achieve our goals. We’ll review the basics of Formulas and Functions in this class before diving headlong into more advanced Functions. This class also takes a look at special techniques for writing formulas and formula auditing tools.
- Review of Orders of Operation
- Relative & Absolute Cell References
- Effects of AutoFill
- Copying/Pasting Formulas
- Writing Formulas
- Cross-Worksheet Formulas
- 3-D Formulas (across workbooks)
- The Function Insertion Button
- The Function Library
- Using Simple Functions
- Using Compound Functions
- Displaying and Tracing Formulas
- Error Messages and What They Mean
Class Length: 4 hours. Can include up to 15 attendees in one session.