Beginning with the simple explanation of what accessibility means and why it is important, attendees learn to build accessible documents using Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Common stumbling blocks like alt text, repetitive blank characters and document structure will be addressed, and simple PDF documents will be remediated. Attendees will use the Accessibility Checker and learn about other tools to help them manage the workload.
This class is taught using the latest versions of Microsoft 365 and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- What is Accessibility?
- Alt Text on Images, Charts, Tables and SmartArt
- Null Alt Text and Decorative Objects
- Best Practices for Creating Accessible Documents
- Document Structure in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Accessibility Checker in Office
- Best Practices for Creating PDFs
- Remediating Simple PDFs
- The Accessibility Report
Class Length: 4 hours. Can include up to 15 attendees in one session.